Experience the rapid growth and evolution of media industries and media cultures first-hand through the lens of Vietnam, where innovation is occurring at rapid speed and scale.
- Locations: Vietnam
- Eligible students: Undergraduate Media and Communications
- Cost: TBC
- Unit code: MDA20022
The International Media Industries Study Tour will provide an opportunity for you to engage with international media industries and their surrounding cultures.
Media and Communication is one of the fastest evolving industries in the world today, and nowhere is this more apparent than in Vietnam, where innovation is occurring at breathtaking speed and scale.
The tour is designed cater to students from all disciplines within Media and Communications, and will allow you to approach the tour from your own particular disciplinary perspective.
The program has been developed around two key themes, through which you will gain an unparalleled insight into how media and communication is developing in Vietnam:
- Media industries: You will visit key companies across a broad range of media and communication fields, and be given an opportunity to ask questions based around your particular areas of interest.
- Media cultures: You will connect with local Vietnamese students through Swinburne’s partner institution and explore similarities and differences in media production and consumption habits.
- Proposed industry visits: Advertising, Marketing and Brand Management, News, Social Media, Publishing (the final list of industry visits will be tailored to suit the group of students who apply for this tour).
- Proposed cultural visits: Notre Dame Cathedral, The Reunification Palace, Ben Thanh Market, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, The Old Quarter, Ngoc Son Temple.
You must have completed 50 credit points in Media and Communications units at the time of application. In the case of an enrolment cap, students will be selected on the basis of their GPA and the information contained in their application materials.
Register your interest to learn more about this study tour and to be kept updated on upcoming information sessions.