Join us as we travel to Germany for the world-renowned Berlin International Film Festival and participate in a two-to three-day program as guests of the University for Television and Film in Munich.
- Locations: Germany (Berlin and Munich)
- Dates: February 2022
- Eligible students: Undergraduate students with at least 100 credit points completed in a Bachelor at the time of application
- Cost: A$3,500 (approx.)
- Application submission: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis with offers made until places are filled
- Application close date: 20 August 2020
- Unit code: FTV20022
Study tour overview
The Berlin Film Festival Study Tour will commence in Munich where the students will participate in a two-to three-day program as guests of the prestigious University for Television and Film Munich (HFF Munich).
Our study tour will then travel by train from Munich to Berlin where the group will spend two weeks attending the Berlin International Film Festival (February 2022). As Accreditees of the festival, the students will have access to all film screenings.
Students will also visit CILECT partner film schools in Berlin and Potsdam, and have the opportunity to engage in the life in two of the most culturally exciting and stimulating cities in Europe: Berlin and Munich.
- Accreditation to the 71st Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinalé)
- Attending a two-to three-day program as guests of the CILECT PARTNER film school, the University for Television and Film Munich (HFF Munich)
- Presentations and tours of international film schools including German Film and Television Academy Berlin (DFFB), the MET Film School Berlin, and KONRAD WOLF University in Potsdam
- Presentations and tours of film and television studios and facilities including – Babelsberg Film Studios and Grundy UFA in Potsdam (Germany), the Media & Communications Group (Berlin)
- A visit to the Film Museum Berlin (Deutsche Kinemathek – Museum für Film und Fernsehen) – including the major German film archive including contemporary exhibitions and German Television archives, (Grundy UFA)
The Berlin International Film Festival study tour program has a strong international and industry focus and several initiatives have been set up to ensure the students have first-hand exposure to the world of international film production, a heightened sense of cultural awareness and a focus on creative outcomes.
Students will gain skills and knowledge through their participation in a variety of industry-focused, educational and cultural events including attending the 71th Berlin International Film Festival and associated events, programs and presentations with CILECT partner international film schools, and tours of film and television production facilities.
This study tour is an opportunity for students to extend their learning through spending time in two of the most culturally exciting and stimulating cities in Europe – Berlin and Munich.
- Day 1 – Arrive Munich
- Day 2 – Orientation/ sightseeing Munich
- Days 3–5 – Program Munich Film School (HFF Munich)
- Day 6 – Depart Munich – Arrive Berlin (train)
- Day 7 – Orientation/ sightseeing Berlin
- Days 8–11 – Film school and studio visits (inc. DFFB Berlin; Konrad Wolf University and Babelsberg Studios Potsdam etc.)
- Days 11–12 – February Berlin Film Festival (Berlinalé)
- Day 12 – LAST DAY Study tour/ depart Berlin)
- Shared accommodation and breakfast
- Local transport and Citi-passes (Berlin)
- Train tickets Munich – Berlin
- Film Museum visit (Berlin)
- All visitations to films schools and industry tours and events
- Group welcome and farewell dinner
- International airfares
- Airport transfers
- Most meals
- Personal spending money
- Academic unit fees
- Visa is applicable
* Program cost is approximate at the time of being listed online and is subject to change.
An OS Help Loan of up to A$6,913 (as at 2020) is available to help eligible students with the costs towards this program.