The School of Science, Computing and Engineering Technologies is offering paid international industry internships with several of our global partners. Placements are available for students studying relevant Engineering and computer science degrees to undertake as part of their Industry Based Learning. The program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain real world experience and to equip them with valuable skills in an increasingly innovative and globalised world.
- Location: Germany (various cities)
- Dates: January - December, 2024
- Duration: 12 months
- Compensation: Placements are paid positions
- Academic credit: Please contact Swinburne Abroad for more information
- Cost: $0 (no program fee)
- Funding: OS HELP Loans of A$7,348 are available for eligible students
- Expression of interest deadline: 16 June, 2024 - submit your expression of interest here
Eligible students and study areas:
- Australian or New Zealand citizen
- Students must be studying one of the following:
- Computer Science degree
- Engineering major of one of the following: Electrical and Electronic, Mechanical, Robotics and Mechatronics, Software, Entrepreneurship and Innovation
All placements include:
- Credit towards your degree
- Can be used as the compulsory work experience required by professional industry bodies such as Engineers Australia
- A monthly stipend to cover living expenses
- Invaluable relevant global experience to make you stand out from the crowd
- Exceptional opportunity to work with global technology players
- Develop a true global mindset and passport to add to your CV
Do I need to speak German?
No, you do not need existing language skills to be accepted into this program. However it would be seen to be of advantage if you do have any. Students need to show initiative in wanting to learn the language and culture.
The most important selection criteria is your all round ability to perform.
Our industry partners
Students have the opportunity to work with some of the largest global brands across a range of industries. Our partners include: BMW, AUDI, The German Aerospace Centre (DLR), Fraunhofer Institute, Siemens, Brainlab, Airbus and more.
The information session is a commitment-free way for students to find out more information about the program. The session will include video testimonials from the students who have completed placements and a chance to ask questions about the program prior to registering your interest. The sessions will be held in hybrid mode. Simply click the links below at the specified time to join:
Session 1: Tuesday 30 May, 2023 - 1:00pm | EN715 or online via MS Teams
Session 2: Tuesday 6 June, 2023 - 5:00pm | EN715 or online via MS Teams