It's common to experience ups and downs while you're at university, but you don't have to go through it alone.
What is an Academic Development Adviser?
Academic Development Advisers work collaboratively with students to help them overcome any academic or personal challenges that are impacting their studies.
We advise, encourage, inform, mentor and teach students throughout their entire university career.
How we can assist you
Academic Development Advisers can help you to:
- recover academically and get your studies back on track
- identify and achieve your educational and personal goals
- acquire new skills and attitudes that promote academic success
- perform at your best at university.
We can assist you with building motivation, goal-setting techniques, decision-making and problem-solving skills, time management skills, tackling procrastination, and learning and academic skills development.
What we offer
Academic Development Advisers provide the following services to students:
- one-on-one consultations – book an appointment on this page
- Back on Track program (via Canvas)
- Strategies for Success program
- Mindful Swinburne program (via Canvas)
- support for ‘at risk’ and ‘show cause’ students, as well as students on ‘conditions’.
Book an appointment
Contact the Academic Development Adviser for your area of study to book an appointment.
Our service is available to students studying UniLink, undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
If you need help enrolling in units or planning/changing your course structure, check out our enrolment page.