It's totally normal to experience some ups and downs while you're at university, but you don't have to go through it alone. If you’re having trouble with your studies or feeling unsure about your course, we’re here to help you.
Our Academic Development Advisers can chat to you about any problems you’re having and help you work out how to get your studies back on track.
Academic Development Advisers can help if you:
- are finding your course difficult or have failed some units
- would like some help balancing work and study
- are not feeling motivated about your course
- are experiencing some health, financial or personal issues that are impacting your studies.
An adviser can chat to you one-on-one about you about your situation, and help you work out your next steps.
This might mean setting some realistic goals and making a plan or working out how you can fit study in with the other things happening in your life. We can also put you in touch with other people at Swinburne who can help you.
Contact your faculty Academic Development Adviser to book an appointment.
Help if you are having trouble with your first semester units, are ‘at risk’, have 'conditions' placed on you or need to ‘show cause’
Back on Track sessions run every week for students who are ‘at risk’ or need to ‘show cause’.
Drop in and get some help with improving your marks, how to study successfully, prepare for exams, stay motivated and how to manage your time.
Talk to an Academic Development Adviser
Academic Development Advisers work in each of Swinburne’s faculties. They’re here to help you make the most of your university experience and assist with any issues you may face during your studies, including:
- Study strategies, such as managing time, work or study load, goals or making the most of lectures
- Finding the right support service to help with your study and/or life challenges
- Organising programs such as Strategies for Success, to help you to achieve your best academically.
- Offering ongoing support as you get your studies back on track.
Book an appointment
Contact your faculty Academic Development Adviser to book an appointment. Academic development adviser services are available to UniLink, undergraduate and postgraduate students.
You'll find the contact details for the Academic Development Adviser for your faculty or course area below.