Swinburne students are entitled to a number of discounted health services, including doctors, physiotherapists and psychologists. See the full list of services here

You may also be eligible for a Low Income Health Care Card through Centrelink.  This entitles you to savings on some prescriptions, dental services and eye examinations, as well as free ambulance travel. This card also gives you discounts on car registrations, gas and electricity. 

Check your eligibility and apply for the card here


Local full-time undergraduate students

You can apply for a Tertiary Student ID card from Public Transport Victoria (PTV). This allows you to use a concession Myki ticket on trams, trains and buses, giving you a 50% discount on travel throughout Victoria.

International students

You may be eligible for an International Undergraduate Student Education Pass (iUSEpass). This gives you 50% off the cost of an annual Myki pass. 

To apply, you will need to get your own code for an iUSEpass from the international counter at Swinburne's studentHQ. Once you have your code, you can use it to buy your discounted Myki pass from the Public Transport Victoria website.

Postgraduate and part-time students

If you have a current Low Income Health Care Card, you are eligible for a 50 per cent discount on public transport in Victoria.


As a student, you are eligible to become a member of the Bookshop, where you can buy books, stationery, art supplies and merchandise at a discount.


Swinburne Student Life offers free, independent legal advice for all students.

Keep on exploring