While you're enrolled at Swinburne, you have access to a wide range of software and apps to enhance and assist with your studies.
Find out what software you can access on Hawthorn library computers.
Swinburne uses the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of applications under a shared device licence model. This means staff and students are required to login with their Swinburne provided Adobe ID prior to using an Adobe application. See our Adobe CC 2019 guide for more information.
Apps on Demand
Apps on Demand is a service that allows users to run applications in a virtualised environment. It provides staff and students access to a range of Swinburne applications from any Mac or Windows lab, including the Library.
Please check Apps on Demand for other software and use Sharefile to save your work. Additional software is available on Desktop computers in the Library.
You can find computers, softwares and apps available for use throughout the library. Computers can be identified by faculty (Business, Design, Engineering, and Information and Communication Technology) and by their computer name. Each computer has a name for easy locating when booked.
Here are the computer names listed by faculty and the corresponding available software:
Mac computers can be found in Level 1 West (LB1W) , Level 1 East (LB1E) and Level 5 Centre (LB5C) of the library with the following names:
- LB1W-MAC-001 to LB1W-MAC-025
- LB1E-MAC-001 to LB1E-MAC-020
- LB5C-MAC-001 to LB5C-MAC-012
Mac computers have the following software installed or available for installation:
All Microsoft Windows desktops located throughout the library have the following software installed or available for installation:
Laptops you can borrow
Lenovo laptops are available to use and borrow, and come with the following software installed or available for installation:
Lenovo — Windows 10:
- Adobe Creative Cloud 2019 Full Suite (After Effects, Audition, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premier Pro, Acrobat, Bridge, Animate, Incopy, Media Encoder, Muse, Prelude, Scout, SpeedGrade)
- Autodesk 2020 (AutoCAD and Revit)
- Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Endnote X9
- IBM SPSS Statistics & Amos 26
- Microsoft Office 2016 (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)