Contact our AccessAbility librarians if you need assistance to access Library services, resources or facilities.
We can help you with:
- retrieving items from shelves
- extended loan periods or computer access time
- building and lift access
- searching library information resources
- room bookings
- booking adaptive equipment, including voice recorders and smart pens.
|Sue Fosterfirstname.lastname@example.org||+61 3 9214 5197|
|Susan Robertsemail@example.com||+61 3 9214 8975|
Students who are registered with AccessAbility Services can borrow adaptive equipment from all campus libraries. Equipment includes ergonomic and large print keyboards, whale mice, trackballs, digital voice recorders, Intellipens, ipads and laptops. Booking can be made in person at the Library Service Desk, by phone +61 3 9214 8330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students who are registered with AccessAbility Services can also use the following specialist equipment in the Adaptive Technology Room on Level 3 Hawthorn Library:
- CCTV equipment – magnifies printed text and other visual images to a digital screen.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking TM Voice recognition software. This software allows the user to operate a Windows computer using voice commands, and to dictate text into Windows applications.
- JAWS – screen-reading software.
- 'MAGic' screen magnification – enlarges screen text.
- 'Read and Write Gold' (also available on the application catalogue)
- Kurtzweil – Text to speech reader
- lightweight plastic magnifying sheet
- height adjustable desk and ergonomic chair
- surge protected powerboards with long cords and a big numbers clock
- computer with printer, scanner, speakers, adjustable large screen monitor and adaptive software
If you have a disability, or primary carer responsibilities and are interested in finding out more about support services at Swinburne, please contact AccessAbility Services.