Borrow a laptop for study and research.
Conditions of use
- You can borrow a laptop for 48 hours: ask at the library service desk
- You must present your current Swinburne ID card to borrow
- You can borrow one laptop at a time and renewals are not permitted
- If you have just returned a laptop, during peak usage times there may be a 30 minute wait before you can borrow another
- Laptops must be returned to the library service desk and handed to library staff
- You must abide by the People, Culture and Integrity Policy and the Code of conduct.
Fines and lost laptops
- You must return laptops on time: overdue fines accrue at $1.50 per hour or part thereof
- You are responsible for the safety of the laptop
- You will be charged full replacement cost for any loss or damage plus any additional administration charges
- Lost or damaged equipment cannot be replaced with your own personal equipment
- Overdue, lost or damaged items, or the failure to return equipment, may result in the suspension of all equipment loans for a period determined at the discretion of library staff.
Save and print your work
- Always save your work to an external storage device
- Delete any of your personal files from the laptop.