Update your Personal Details

Use this form to update the following personal details:

  • Update your legal name or preferred name. If you're requesting a name change, please note that you must update your official name in the Unique Student Identifier (USI) registry.
  • Update your permanent address
  • Update your gender details
  • Update your date of birth
  • Inform us of a change of your residency status (e.g. you have been issued with an Australian Permanent Resident Visa, Australian or New Zealand citizenship)

To change your legal name, date of birth or residency status you are required to submit the correct supporting documentary evidence.

Fields marked with an * are mandatory.

    Current personal details

    Please enter your personal details as they currently appear in our systems.

    Update personal details

    Fill in your new details below.

    • birth certificate with change of name details
    • citizenship certificate with change of name details
    • change of name certificate
    • deed poll document
    • married or registered relationship certificate (issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages)
    • divorce decree/revocation of registered relationship or death certificate of spouse or adult partner of a registered relationship
    • court order directing child's change of name

    Note: Marriage certificates issued on the day of the wedding, known as a commemorative certificate, are not sufficient. The marriage certificate must be issued by the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

    The change includes your preferred given name and not your family name. No supporting documentation required.

    • birth certificate

    Certified documents to support citizenship change include:

    • If changing Permanent Resident (PR/New Zealand citizen status to Australian citizen status) – a certified copy of Australian Citizen certificate
    • If changing international status to Permanent Resident (PR) status – a certified copy of your passport and new visa

    Declaration *


    Swinburne University of Technology collects, uses and destroys personal information in accordance with our Privacy Policy. Enquiries relating to this form should be directed to the Library and studentHQ.