Become a mentor
Mentors are current Swinburne students who assist new students with settling in to university life. Becoming a mentor is a rewarding experience and will help you develop skills valued by potential employers.
Why become a mentor?
- Help other students fulfil their potential at university
- Improve your employability by learning skills such as communication, leadership and networking
- Obtain hours that you can put towards the Student Life Volunteering Program and the Emerging Leaders Program.
- Open the door to becoming a peer assistant or a study group leader.
What we expect of mentors
Students need to meet certain criteria before applying to become a mentor. You should have:
- good communication and time management skills
- an ability to regularly meet with mentees
- a willingness to share experience and encourage others
- shown successful engagement with university life
- completed a semester of study at Swinburne with satisfactory academic results.
If you have any questions about becoming a mentor, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.