Develop your assignment-writing, referencing and exam skills
Free advice and workshops are available if you need help improving your learning and academic skills, so you can submit assignments and work for assessment tasks to the highest standard,
Help with assignments and writing
Learning advisers at the Learning and Academic Skills (LAS) Centre can help with any aspect of assignment or assessment tasks, as well as learning and academic skills. See us to:
- improve essays, case studies, journals, blogs, critical analyses and reports
- understand and analyse assignment topics and questions
- recognise and respond to task requirements, assessment criteria and rubrics
- develop critical analysis and academic argument skills
- find, select and read relevant resources
- speak well and deliver strong presentations.
Help with referencing
It is important to avoid plagiarism by understanding and using correct citation and referencing.
To learn how to write in-text references, citations and reference lists correctly, see what LAS referencing workshops and short courses are available.
To learn the academic citation software EndNote, EndNote Online or learn more about other referencing styles, check out the library referencing courses.
Help with exam preparation
Learning advisers can also help you to adopt good study and exam strategies.
Academic development advisers
Academic development advisers for each Swinburne faculty are available to help you with issues you may face during your studies, such as time management and balancing work and study.
If something is affecting your ability to study, an academic development adviser can put you in touch with the right support services.