Berlin Film Festival Study Tour
|Location:||Berlin (Germany) and Prague (Czech Republic)|
|Dates:||February 2019 (dates to be finalised)|
|Duration:||Approximately three weeks|
|Eligible students:||All students|
|Cost:||$2,900 per person (TBC)|
|Applications:||Register your interest|
This study tour is an opportunity for you to discover two of the most culturally exciting and stimulating cities in Europe, Berlin and Prague.
The study tour will start in the historic city of Prague where you will have plenty of time to unwind from your travels and explore this historic and culturally significant city, including a visit to the internationally acclaimed Prague Film School, and the famous Film and TV School of Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU).
From Prague you will travel by train to Berlin where you will spend two weeks attending the The 68th Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinalé), seeing premiere film screenings from all over the world, walking the red carpet and catching celebrity guests and stars of the festival. The study tour includes full accreditation to the Berlinalé with open access to premieres and associated events, including Berlinale Talents and the European Film Market.
As well as attending the Berlinalé you will experience life in Berlin where film, music, fashion, art and design come to together in one of Europe’s most exciting capitals. Enhance your cultural awareness and visit some of Berlin’s renowned heritage sites including the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Museum Island and the Berlin Wall. You will also visit the famous Babelsberg Film Studios, the Berlin Film Museum, and CILECT partner university The Deutsche Film- und Fernsehakademie Berlin (dffb).
What is covered
- all local transport and train tickets Prague to Berlin
- shared hostel accommodation at the famous Circus Hostel in Mitte, Berlin, including breakfast
- full accreditation to the Berlinale Film Festival, including access to international premieres, industry and Berlinale Talents
- a visit to the German Film and Television Academy Berlin (dffb)
- a day trip to the Babelsberg Film studios
- a visit to both the Prague Film School and FAMU
- four group dinners
- travel insurance.
What is not covered
- international airfares to and from Germany
- HECS or unit fee
- personal expenses
- lunches and most dinners.
Prague Tuesday 6 – Saturday 10 February 2018
Train Prague – Berlin Saturday 10 February 2018
Berlin Sunday 11 – Friday 23 February 2018