Exam timetable and dates
It’s important to plan ahead for your exams so that you don’t schedule holidays at the same time.
Exam periods are published at least a year in advance, and your personal exam timetable is available four weeks before your exam period begins.
Your personal exam timetable
To find out when your exams are scheduled, check your personal exam timetable.
Your exam timetable lists the date, time, venue and seat allocation for each of your exams.
Exams are scheduled to commence at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday: 9am, 2pm and 6pm
- Friday and Saturday: 9am and 2pm
Swinburne may schedule you to sit two exams in a 24-hour period. This is not a mistake and not defined as an exam timetable clash.
For more information about accessing your exam timetable online see our help guide Exam Timetable: How to view your Exam Timetable online [PDF 440KB].
When your exam timetable is available
Semester 1, 2019
Exam timetables and venues are available four weeks before your exams.
Please note your seat allocations will only be released one week prior to the exam period.
Semester 1, 2019 special exams
Special exam timetable with venue and seat allocations are available one week prior to the exam period.
Higher education students
Summer Term 2019 (for summer intensive students)
- Exam period: Thursday 21 February to Friday 22 February 2019
Semester 1, 2019
- Swotvac: Monday 3 June to Thursday 6 June 2019
- Exams: Friday 7 June to Sunday 23 June 2019 (note: no exams are held on Monday 10 June 2019 due to the Queen's Birthday public holiday)
- Special exams: Monday 15 July to Friday 19 July 2019
Winter Term 2019 (for winter intensive students)
- Exam period: Thursday 1 August to Friday 2 August 2019
Semester 2, 2019
- Swotvac: Monday 4 November to Thursday 7 November 2019
- Exams: Friday 8 November to Sunday 24 November 2019
- Special exams: TBC
Foundation Year and UniLink students
|Teaching period||Exam period|
|Teaching Period 1||Saturday 25th May (for computer exams), Monday 27th May to Friday 31 May 2019.|
|Teaching Period 2||Saturday 25th September (for computer exams), Monday 27th September to Friday 2 October 2019|
|Teaching Period 3||Saturday 25 January 2020 (computer exams only), Monday 27th January to Friday 31st January 2020|
Hawthorn Online students
|Study period||Exam period|
|Study Period 4 (2018)||Monday 25 February to Friday 8 March 2019|
|Study Period 1||Monday 27 May to Friday 7 June 2019|
|Study Period 2||Monday 26 August to Friday 6 September 2019|
|Study Period 3||Monday 25 November to Friday 6 December 2019|
|Study Period 4||Monday 24 February to Friday 6 March 2020 (TBC)|
Please note: Hawthorn Online students do not have to self-register for exams. You are automatically registered to sit your exams at the exam venue closest to your permanent address.
Students with disabilities and carers
If you have a disability or are caring for someone with a disability make sure you register with AccessAbility Services when you first enrol in your unit.
Your personalised exam arrangements will then be sent to your Swinburne student email address, by the Exams and Assessment Team.
If you have not contacted AccessAbility Services at least four weeks before your exam, there may not be time to put your arrangements in place.
Can’t see your exam information?
Not all units have exams. Contact your lecturer or tutor if you’re unsure which kinds of assessment you need to complete for each unit.
- Vocational education students have no formal exam periods — for assessment information, talk to your teacher
- Swinburne Online students — refer to the Swinburne Online website for your exam information
- Open Universities Australia students — refer to the Open Universities Australia website for your exam information.