Exam timetable and dates
It’s important to plan ahead for your exams so that you don’t schedule holidays at the same time.
Exam periods are published at least a year in advance, and your personal exam timetable is available four weeks before your exam period begins.
Your personal exam timetable
To find out when your exams are scheduled, check your personal exam timetable.
Your exam timetable lists the date, time, venue and seat allocation for each of your exams.
Exams are scheduled to commence at the following times:
- Monday to Friday: 9am, 2pm and 6pm
- Saturday: 9am and 2pm
Swinburne may schedule you to sit two exams in a 24-hour period. This is not a mistake and not defined as an exam timetable clash.
For more information about accessing your exam timetable online see our help guide Exam Timetable: How to view your Exam Timetable online [PDF 440KB].
When your exam timetable is available
Semester 1, 2018
Exam timetables and venues are available four weeks before your exams.
Please note your seat allocations will only be released one week prior to the exam period.
Semester 1, 2018 special exams
Special exams timetable with venue and seat allocations are available one week prior to the exam period.
Higher education students
Summer Term 2018 (for summer intensive students)
- Exam period: Thursday 15 February to Friday 16 February 2018
Semester 1, 2018
- Swotvac: Monday 28 May to Thursday 31 May 2018
- Exams: Friday 1 June to Sunday 17 June 2018 (note: no exams are held on Monday 11 June 2018 due to the Queen's Birthday public holiday)
- Special exams: Monday 9 to Friday 13 July 2018
Winter Term 2018 (for winter intensive students)
- Exam period: Thursday 26 July to Friday 27 July 2018
Semester 2, 2018
- Swotvac: Monday 29 October to Thursday 1 November 2018
- Exams: Friday 2 November to Sunday 18 November 2018
- Special exams: Monday 10 December to Friday 14 December 2018
Foundation Year and UniLink students
|Teaching period||Exam period|
|Teaching Period 1||Monday 28 May to Friday 1 June 2018
(note: there are no exams held on Monday 11 June 2018 due to the Queen's Birthday public holiday)
|Teaching Period 2||Monday 17 September to Friday 21 September 2018|
|Teaching Period 3||Monday 21 January to Friday 25 January 2019|
Hawthorn Online students
|Study period||Exam period|
|Study Period 4 (2017)||Monday 28 February to Friday 9 March 2018|
|Study Period 1||Monday 28 May to Friday 8 June 2018|
|Study Period 2||Monday 27 August to Friday 7 September 2018|
|Study Period 3||Monday 26 November to Friday 7 December 2018|
|Study Period 4||Monday 25 February to Friday 1 March 2019 (TBC)|
Please note: Hawthorn Online students do not have to self-register for exams. You are automatically registered to sit your exams at the exam venue closest to your permanent address.
Students with disabilities and carers
If you have a disability or are caring for someone with a disability make sure you register with AccessAbility Services when you first enrol in your unit.
If you have not contacted AccessAbility Services at least four weeks before your exam, there may not be time to put your arrangements in place.
Can’t see your exam information?
Not all units have exams. Contact your lecturer or tutor if you’re unsure which kinds of assessment you need to complete for each unit.
- Vocational education students have no formal exam periods — for assessment information, talk to your teacher
- Swinburne Online students — refer to the Swinburne Online website for your exam information
- Open Universities Australia students — refer to the Open Universities Australia website for your exam information.