What to bring to your exam
If you’re attending an exam at Swinburne, you need to be aware of what you can and can’t take into your exam room.
What you must bring
You must bring the following items with you to your exam:
- identification (your Student ID or a current passport or a current Australian driver’s license); if you do not bring ID, you may not be eligible to sit your exam
- your seat allocation details (either printed or on your phone)
- writing implements (pens, pencils, erasers, rulers).
What you may also bring
Other items you’re allowed to bring to an exam include:
- a clear water bottle with no writing or labels; the liquid must be transparent
- a small number of hard sweets or lollies in clear wrappers (e.g. barley sugars); they must have no writing on them and must not be disruptive to other students
- calculator (if authorised for your exam).
If you have any other items on you, you must place them in your bag and under your chair, or as directed by the supervisor. Please check your pockets before the exam begins.
Mobile phones and smart watches
You cannot have mobile phones or smart watches on your person during your exam.
- disable any alarms
- turn your phone and/or smart watch off
- place your phone and/or smart watch in your bag under your chair or in another location as directed by the exam supervisor.
If your phone or watch is on or turns on to play an alarm it will be considered misconduct. If in doubt, remove the battery.