Enrolling in online units

If you would like to enrol in an online unit as part of your course, you can choose from the online units delivered by Swinburne. These units are also called Hawthorn online units. 

You can also choose from units offered by Swinburne Online and Open Universities Australia

Online units on offer in 2018

Online units on offer in 2017

How to enrol in an online unit

When you’re enrolling, you will be able to choose 'Enrol in the electronic or online delivery mode' when selecting a unit.

Check the teaching periods available for each unit in the drop-down menu.

International students can only complete a maximum of 25% of their total units online.

Higher education students need to make note of when their online units are running, as online unit dates differ from classroom-based dates. 

Open Universities Australia students

OUA students can apply for a Commonwealth Supported Place directly through the OUA website. If you do not qualify for a Commonwealth Supported Place, you can apply directly through Swinburne by filling in the Undergraduate degree OUA application form [PDF 300KB].

To apply for a postgraduate OUA course fill in the postgraduate OUA pplication form [PDF, 200KB].

How-to guide