Study Abroad program requirements and fees
If you’re currently enrolled in a university overseas that isn’t a partner of Swinburne, you can still experience the fun and excitement of studying in Australia through our study abroad program. Awesome!
- successful completion of one year of university studies
- students from US universities need a GPA of 2.6 or higher
- students from Mexican universities need a GPA of 70% or higher
- if you choose Design or Film and TV subjects you will need to submit a portfolio with your application showcasing your work.
If English is not your first language, you will need to provide documentary evidence of your English skills, such as:
- IELTS: 6.0 overall (no band below 5.5)
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 75 (no band score below 17)
Students from Denmark, Germany, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Norway and Sweden may apply with an alternative language assessment. Contact us for more details by calling +61 3 9214 3866 or email us your question via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Semester tuition fees
You will be charged per subject, with the option of studying 3 or 4 subjects per semester. Tuition fees include tuition costs, airport pick-up and social and orientation program especially designed for study abroad students.
- 2021 – 3 units (subjects) per semester: A$7,425
- 2021 – 4 units (subjects) per semester: A$9,900
Study Abroad Online tuition fees
During Semester 1 2021, you can have a Swinburne experience, by taking one or two subjects with us, as an add-on to your regular semester at your home university.
- Semester 1 2021 – 2 units (subjects) per semester: A$4,950
- Semester 1 2021 – 1 unit (subject) per semester: A$2,475
Summer/Winter tuition fees
Our summer (January-February) and winter (July-August) terms allow you to fast-track your degree by taking subjects in intensive mode. You can add a summer or winter units before or after your regular semester, or just enrol in the short-term experience.
- 2 unit (subjects) per term: A$3,100
- 1 unit (subject) per term: A$5,850
Note: If your home university is part of our partner network you may be able to qualify for special partner rate fees. Please contact us for more details by calling +61 3 9214 3866 or via email email@example.com.