Whether you're new to study or an expert, looking at a diploma or a master, in anything from engineering to design and health – there's a course at Swinburne for you.

There’s still time to apply.

For most courses, Semester 1 starts on Monday 26 February, 2024. To find out your course's start date and application deadline, see our dates and intakes page.

Show me dates and intakes

Your next steps to apply

Why Swinburne?

#1 median income
one year on

In Arts, Business, Design and Psychology, QILT Graduate Outcomes Survey 2019-2021

Top 1% of universities

QS World University Rankings 2024

Rated 5 stars
by our students

For Overall Experience, QILT Student Experience Survey 2021 and 2022

Frequently asked questions

You may need to organise supporting documents before you apply, such as proof of name and citizenship, and certified and translated copies of previous academic results.

You'll be notified of the specific requirements for your application as you go through the process, and will be able to save your application and come back to it if you need time to gather the required documentation.

See more on supporting documents

There are always options if you miss a deadline to begin in Semester 1. In some cases, you may be able to submit a late application and still be accepted – if you're only a few days past the deadline, we recommend getting in touch with our Future Students team and asking for advice.

Contact the Future Students team by phone

If you can't find a way into Semester 1, we recommend looking into whether your course has a Midyear intake, or another intake throughout the year, meaning you could be starting by April or June.

Yes you can. And we've found that in most cases, transferring unis or courses is easier than people think. 

You can start the process by browsing our courses, coming along to an event, or booking an appointment to speak to a course and applications advisor at Swinburne. 

See more about transferring

TAFE (also known as Vocational Education and Training or VET): Pre-apprenticeships, apprenticeships, traineeships, trades, certificates and diplomas.

You might be looking at TAFE because you’re interested in studying a skills-based vocation like electronics, plumbing, or community services. Maybe you’d like to start small before progressing into further study, or perhaps the eligibility criteria caught your eye. In many cases, it is broader (for example, you can apply for some TAFE courses without an ATAR). 

UniLink: A UniLink diploma is called so because it serves as a ‘link’ course between you and undergraduate study. These courses are a great choice if you didn’t complete high school in Australia, or didn’t get the ATAR needed for your preferred bachelor degree.

Undergraduate (or UG): Bachelor degrees, double degrees and associate degrees. 

Many undergraduate degrees will take 3 years to complete and will result in a bachelor’s degree. Double degrees are for those who’d like to study a little longer and graduate with twice the qualifications. Associate degrees will take around 2 years, and can either send you off into the world of work or prepare you for further study. 

Postgraduate (or PG): Graduate certificates and diplomas, master degrees, and doctoral degrees.

Postgraduate study is, in most cases, for those who have completed undergraduate study. In some cases, postgrad study can be undertaken by students with significant industry experience in lieu of undergraduate study.

Completed master and doctorate degrees will result in a ‘Master of’ and ‘PhD’ respectively. Or you could exit your master degree study early having completed sufficient units to achieve a graduate certificate or diploma.

Explore your options by browsing courses on our website, attending an event and chatting to staff and applications experts, or by getting in touch with us.

Whether you’ve got your heart set on a course or not, our advice will help you find the exact path that will get you where you want to go.

Show me courses