To begin, you’ll need to log into your student portal, My Swinburne.
If this is your first time logging in, you’ll need to set your password. Your email address will be your student ID, as it appears in your offer letter, @student.swin.edu.au. For example, email@example.com.
If you’ve logged in before, use your existing password. Forgotten your password? You can reset your password here using your student ID.
Now you can log in to My Swinburne.
Then follow these steps:
- Select the My Applications tile. Your offer will be listed here as ‘offer awaiting response’. Click on the course you would like to defer.
- On the offer response page, click the More button, then select Defer.
- Click OK on the confirmation notification.
- Next, you will be asked to choose when you would like to commence your studies. Click Select.
- Choose your preferred intake from the available study periods by clicking Select and save.
- You will see a confirmation that you have successfully deferred your offer, with details of your new intake.
We’ll assess your deferral request and inform you if it’s been successful via email. The admissions team will contact you about your enrolment closer to your return date.
If you already accepted your offer and you now wish to defer it, please contact the admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.