Healthy Rivers Healthy Bay
We would like to invite your school to be part of our Healthy Rivers, Healthy Bays project that aims to work with primary school students across the Dandenong and Yarra Catchments, highlighting stormwater and litter issues.
This project will offer free stormwater awareness incursions for up to 150 students over three sessions in one day.
These incursions will:
- highlight the schools local environment and waterway, showing how this is part of the greater catchment and our activities impact it and ultimately Port Phillip Bay;
- include hands on activities and games, e.g. interactive stormwater model, water quality testing, macroinvertebrates (water bugs) and litter audits;
- provide of a free Water Sampling Kit for regular water quality testing;
- lead to an invitation to attend Riverbank Rescue events with local environment groups and councils;
- lead to an invitation to attend annual Student Leader Conference to compare results, meet researchers, and brainstorm ways to help in their schools and local environment.