Financial support for eligible international students

We’ve compiled a list of financial support available for international students in response to coronavirus (COVID-19). Please remember to check your eligibility and relevant websites for further details.         

Swinburne support for financial hardship

If you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19, please send us an email with details of your situation.

Swinburne, our philanthropic partners and staff have contributed over $600,000 to the Swinburne Student Emergency Fund. This fund is providing one-off grants to students experiencing financial difficulties. You can check your eligibility and submit an application online.


To support you through this period, the due date for tuition fees has been extended to Sunday 31 May 2020.

We are confident in our ability to deliver high-quality units online that will continue to help you reach your academic goals, and fees will remain unchanged for Semester 1 2020.

Long-term laptop loans are available

We have a small number of laptops available for students who cannot access a computer.

Laptop loans will be available until 31 July. You can apply for a long-term laptop loan by contacting

Partial refunds on Myki iUSEpass

You may be able to claim a partial refund on your Myki iUSEpass if you are no longer using public transport to travel to campus.

Please send us an email about submitting a refund request.

Support measures from the government:

Relief for renters

On 29 March, the National Cabinet agreed to a moratorium (a freeze) on evictions over the next six months for commercial and residential tenancies in financial distress who are unable to meet their commitments due to the impact of coronavirus.

If you’re currently renting and worried about meeting your financial commitment, this announcement provides certainty around your tenancy agreement.

If you need assistance speaking with your landlord, or to understand what this means for your rental situation, please email the International Student Accommodation Adviser.

Help for international students