Take the Swinburne Panel Pledge to foster diversity on panels, conferences and events.
Swinburne Panel Pledge
In taking the Swinburne Panel Pledge, I commit to ensuring events are diverse and inclusive.
To do this, I will:
- actively champion diversity and equity by calling for speakers from diverse backgrounds, genders, age groups, cultures and abilities
- enquire about the gender balance and diversity of speakers and panelists when invited to participate in events
- assist with suggesting speakers and panelists to support diversity and gender equity
- advocate for diversity and reserve the right to withdraw from any internal or external professional event, symposium or conference where the diversity of the panel has not been considered
- insist that events are representative and diverse if I am involved in hosting or organising an internal or external professional event, symposium or conference
- question and raise the issue of gender balance and diversity when opportunities arise.
Who has taken the pledge?
Professor Pascale Quester
Vice-Chancellor and President
Professor Sarah Maddison
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education, Experience and Employability) and Swinburne Executive Gender Equity Champion
Professor Chris Pilgrim
Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Chief Academic Officer
Professor Karen Hapgood
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
Chief Operating Officer
Professor Virginia Kilborn
Swinburne Chief Scientist