AAF Scholarship - Postgraduate
The Asian Australian Foundation (AAF) is a community foundation that connects and brings together the resources of Asian Australians to shape a dynamic Asian philanthropic presence in Australia.
Any postgraduate course offered by Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship (AGSE), Swinburne University of Technology.
Eligibility / selection criteria
To be eligible for the Asian Australian Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
- Meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen
- Meet the following enrolment criteria:
- be a commencing postgraduate Swinburne student in 2021
- enrolled full-time or part-time in an eligible course (see courses eligible in section above)
- Provide an academic transcript of previous study. Preference will be given to high achieving students.
- Provide evidence of diverse cultural background. This may include:
- not born in Australia
- parents not born in Australia
- English not the primary language at home
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker
- Submit a personal statement (500 words) addressing the following points:
- passion for the chosen field of study
- how this scholarship would make a difference in your life
- Provide evidence of financial or personal disadvantage. Disadvantage(s) may include:
- financial difficulty or low-socio economic status (Centrelink statement, payslips. Bank statements can be used if an explanation is provided in a personal statement)
- disability or medical condition
- delay or interruption to career or studies because of family responsibilities or illness
- relocation from a rural or regional area in order to undertake tertiary study
The scholarship is valued at $2500 for 1 year.
How to apply
Applicants should complete an online application form and submit with all supporting documentation by Tuesday 31 August 2021. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For assistance when completing your application, please view the Scholarship Application Help Guide.
All scholarships offered by Swinburne are governed a set of conditions. Please visit our Scholarship Conditions page for further information.
Scholarships & Orientation, Student Administration and Library Services