- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 24 hours Face to face Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
Teaching Period 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
After successfully completing this unit, students will be able to:
1. Summarise the concept of wellbeing, including physical, social, spiritual and emotional aspects.
2. Recognise the impact situational, family, cultural, and environmental aspects have upon children’s wellbeing and resilience.
3. Describe theories of social and emotional development.
4. Demonstrate support strategies to illustrate a positive sense of self, taking into account the impact of social and physical environments.
5. Discuss the importance of supporting children’s emerging autonomy and agency.
6. Develop a variety of effective strategies that contribute to a strong sense of identity and wellbeing.
Courses with unit
BA-EDUEC2 Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
DP-EDU Diploma of Education Studies
AB-EDU Associate Degree of Education