- One study period
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
|HOL Study Period 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesSTA70002 Multivariate Statistics
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify appropriate probability distributions for modelling chance occurrences.
2. Simulate such distributions and obtain estimates of distribution parameters using the method of moments and maximum likelihood estimation.
3. Navigate probabilistic methods for working with uncertainty.
4. Formulate probabilistic models for risk in real world contexts.
5. Use probabilistic models to design statistical systems for the management of risk and uncertainty.
Courses with unit
This unit will no be offered after Semester 1 2022