- One Semester or equivalent
- 12 Hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to provide an introduction and overview of the underlying principles and concepts in a variety of space science & microgravity research topics as they relate to Human Space Travel, Space Exploration and Research and other relevant topics.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Demonstrate comprehension of theoretical concepts of both modules chosen
2. Demonstrate intermediate level knowledge of practical applications of the concepts outlined in chosen modules
3. Describe important considerations related to research and/or operations in microgravity in relation to each module chosen
4. Recognise and describe the differences in experimental outcomes between experiments conducted in Space and Experiments conducted in Micro-gravity for each module chosen
5. Apply concepts described in modules to real-world applications and predict the behaviour of space research conducted in microgravity