- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 24 hours Face to face plus 20 days placement Swinburne online: Fully online plus 20 days placement
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
PrerequisitesEDU20006 - Curriculum, Planning and Assessment for Primary: Practicum 2
287.50 Credit Points in spk(s): BA-EDUEC - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) OR 287.50 Credit Points in spk(s): BA-EDUEC2 - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
EDU20002 - Mathematics in Practice
EDU20006 - Curriculum, Planning and Assessment for Primary: Practicum 2
287.50 Credit Points in spk(s): BA-EDECP - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary) OR 287.50 Credit Points in spk(s): BA-EDECPS - Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
EDU30009 - Mathematics in the Primary Classroom
EDU30063 - Teaching English OR EDU30010 - Teaching Literacy OR EDU30001 - Imagining the World Through Language and Literature
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Construct pedagogical approaches in all areas of the relevant national and/or state or territory primary curriculum and implement curriculum and assessment (both formative and summative) to support learning [APST 5 & 2].
2. Develop lesson plans that reflect an ability to articulate aims, objectives, procedures, outcomes and evaluation practices [APST 1, 2 & 3].
3. Recommend teaching methods to cater for individual differences in children, including children with additional needs and those from cultural and Indigenous backgrounds [APST 1, 2, 3 & 4].
4. Examine and critically evaluate organisational policy and practice within the primary school [APST 7 & 6].
5. Design and implement practical strategies for creating effective and engaging learning environments, developing rapport with children and guiding children’s behaviour [APST 1 & 4].
6. Demonstrate and critically reflect upon teaching performance and professional readiness at an appropriate standard for a graduate teacher [APST 1-7].
Courses with unit
BA-EDUEC/EDUEC2 Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)