- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Alternative Tertiary Entry Program: Students who have passed ICT00003 are exempted from taking this unit and must select another unit in its place with advice from a Course Advice Specialist.
Aims and objectives
Every day we are faced with problems that require analytical thinking, creativity and resourcefulness to solve. This unit challenges students to explore different approaches to analysing and solving problems in an organisation framework. Students will develop the ability to apply analysis techniques to unfamiliar problems and present their investigation through the use of a wide range of innovative Information Communication Technologies [ICT], including prototyping, cloud-based tools, report writing and presentations. In addition, students are encouraged to reflect upon the learning taking place throughout the unit.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify and define problems in an organisational context.
2. Select and apply various ICT tools and techniques to solve organisational problems.
3. Build a solution to address an organisation problem.
4. Evaluate the effectiveness and viability of an ICT solution from an organisational value perspective.