- One Semester or equivalent
- On-campus: 24 hours Face to face Swinburne online - Nil
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Evaluate the teacher’s roles in supporting and encouraging children’s play and inquiry in inside and outside learning environments.
2. Compare contemporary and traditional theories of play.
3. Examine play and understand its complexities, including cultural influences and global perspectives.
4. Assess key aspects and features of play environments that support learning for children aged Birth-to-eight years of age.
5. Describe and define aesthetic and creative features of environments that invite engagement, active learning and constructive play.
6. Analyse nature pedagogy, natural materials and outdoor play spaces in children’s play.