- One Semester or equivalent
- 22 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
37.5 Credit Points of Level 2 Units
Aims and objectives
The aim of this unit is to prepare students to be emerging PR industry practitioners through career-ready learning and assessment. This unit exposes students to advanced public relations practice, with a special emphasis on the planning and management of PR projects and campaigns. It embraces ideas and approaches and skills fundamental to managing oral, written and mediated communication plans. This unit aims not only to build students’ competence but also their confidence in functioning as ethical communicators able to research, develop and deploy plans that meet client (internal and external) requirements.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Research, plan, implement and evaluate communication projects and campaigns for clients
3. Identify innovative approaches to working with clients on communication opportunities
4. Adopt ethical, effective and culturally appropriate approaches to planning sustained communication activities
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the business aspects of operating an agency through successful completion of an industry project
6. Evaluate and discuss appropriate methods of evaluating the success of communication plans