- One semester or equivalent
2020 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Previous unit code: BUS60010
This unit aims to introduce students to a range of ways of exploring the management and organisational issues that confront organisations and businesses. Students will be offered a range of techniques designed to help them work effectively with others in inquiring into opportunities and problems, framing them in useful ways and creating options for tackling them. The unit offers a range of perspectives for doing this, including analysis using metaphor, gap analysis, and systems thinking. It is intended to help students integrate and apply the different discipline perspectives they study in their degrees; think holistically as well as functionally; and develop skills in collaborating with others whose training and perspective may be very different from their own.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of techniques in inquiry and analysis to organisational and business problems and opportunities.
2. Critically evaluate and utilise diagnostic framing for understanding presenting problems and opportunities
3. Critically analyse differences in individuals’ mindsets, experience and background, including their own.
4. Work collaboratively with a diverse range of people and act as a member and a leader of a team and work with others in developing their diagnostic practice.