- One semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
GC-COU Graduate Certificate of Counselling OR
GD-COU Graduate Diploma of Counselling OR
MA-COU Master of Counselling
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Analyse the major theories of development across the lifespan, and apply this analysis to a written case study and observation reports.
2. Explain the critical events associated with each developmental stage across the lifespan as a means to understand atypical development.
3. Apply knowledge of the major methods (e.g., observation, interviewing) used to study human behaviour to the preparation of an observation report.
4. Evaluate key systemic principles and relevant research literature, and apply this knowledge to developing a case study of an individual, couple, or family.
Courses with unit
MA-SSCHSC – Master of Social Science (Human Services Counselling)
GC-COU – Graduate Certificate of Counselling
GD-COU – Graduate Diploma of Counselling