- One Semester or equivalent
- Swinburne Online: Fully online
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Teaching Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesAdmission into GD-PSYS Graduate Diploma of Psychology
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Explain the scientific method and scientific thinking principles.
2. Apply knowledge of ethical issues in research.
3. Describe the main concepts of measurement and various sampling methods.
4. Explain the general concept of an experiment and a quasi-experiment and the strengths and weaknesses of these designs for different research problems.
5. Critique a range of research designs and methods and be able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of each method.
6. Develop appropriate research designs and select research methods to address hypothetical and real world problems.