- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
100 Credit Points
Enrolment in either:
Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Master of Business Administration (Executive)/ Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation double degree
Aims and objectives
This unit concentrates on developing students' understanding of the innovation process in the technological context. The unit aims to develop, via the use of industry mentors, a deeper understanding of technological innovation and its adoption and diffusion and how to manage this process.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the process frameworks for developing new products.
2. Critically evaluate the generic New Product Development (NPD) Process.
3. Apply entrepreneurship fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a customised NPD Process for the development of a new product idea in a particular firm contingency.
4. Work collaboratively in teams to manage product development projects and report on milestone achievements.
5. Reflect on problem solving and decision making among people with different disciplinary perspectives.