- One semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to perform distributed control of a smart factory. The student will learn to research and use: manufacturers’ datasheets; technical drawings, relevant documentation, and, perform calculations to safely and competently carry out the tasks of design and integration of a distributed control system.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Research, and apply advanced PLCs programming techniques to distributed control systems.
2. Analyse and apply the principles of control theory to solve problems in a distributed control system.
3. Research emerging technologies and create a SCADA system using LABVIEW.
4. Design and apply Manufacturing Execution System(MES) to control a production line
5. Research, collaborate, and report Enterprise Resource Planning system in a sustainable and global context.