- One semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to plan, design and integrate a cyber physical system to secure cloud based network for a smart factory. The student will learn to research and use: communication protocols, cyber security principles and mitigation strategies to safely and competently carry out the tasks of design and integrate a secure cloud based network system.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply cyber security principles to analyse an existing cyber physical system
2. Identify security vulnerabilities, and apply mitigation strategies unique to control systems
3. Develop an entrepreneurial mindset and skill set to bring products to market
4. Design and collaboratively develop using emerging technologies networked industrial systems and Cloud services. 5. Research communication protocols and demonstrate connectivity from cyber physical systems to cloud service.
6. Perform data analysis using statistics and probability techniques in a group.