Cloud Computing Architecture
- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Familiarity with the concepts of web server and databases, including HTML, PHP, and SQL
Anti-requisite (similar in content)
Aims and objectives
This unit covers generic principles of "everything as a service" in cloud computing, plus practical work doing design and development for one or more contemporary platforms, which may vary from year to year. Cloud computing undergoes constant evolution, and there are several competing platforms, such as Amazon.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this unit students will be able to:
1 Explain the principles and value of cloud computing
2 Create and manage cloud services using a cloud management platform.
3 Implement and deploy a cloud-based web site that is reliable, scalable, secure and cost effective
4 Research available cloud services, then design and justify an architectural solution that uses these services.
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
Live Online Lecture
On Campus Tutorial (Comp Labs)
Unspecified Activities Independent Learning
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
- Introduction to cloud computing
- Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Data management in the cloud
- Security and privacy in the cloud
- State-of-the-art/practice R&D in the cloud
A list of reading materials will be made available in the Unit Outline