- 60 Hours
300 credit points in BH-DESINA Bachelor of Design (Interior Architecture) (Honours)
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to develop professional design skills that align with industry expectations through the execution of an industry-linked project.
Learning OutcomesAfter successfully completing this unit students will be able to:
- Analyse current trends and identify problems through a process of stakeholder consultation, and the review of literature and artefacts, and apply this knowledge to the articulation of a design projec
- Apply participatory design principles and techniques, and an understanding of the relationship between research design and social practice, to a design project
- Produce a brief and project plan that outline a strategy for solving a well-defined problem
- Synthesise design possibilities into a single, environmentally cognisant proposition
- Critically evaluate a proposition through real-world testing and conclude with recommendations for further development
- Evaluate the investigative process and outcomes through concise, coherent and well-structured documentation, design outcomes, and presentations.
Courses with unit
Bachelor of Design (Interior Architecture) (Honours)