- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to equip students with essential knowledge and skills to appreciate the critical role Australian and global businesses play in sustainability, social change and making social impact. The unit enables students to make a logical connection between business activities and their impact on the environment and society. The unit prepares students to think, plan and implement business initiatives as they relate to sustainability to ensure meaningful, positive social impact. The overarching aim is to develop future graduates with a commitment to achieving social and planetary wellbeing guided by Indigenous knowledge and knowledge systems which are foundational to Australia’s intellectual, social and cultural capital.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Analyse the direct and indirect connections between business, social change and social impact.
2. Propose innovative business solutions to address social problems related to sustainability including global and local Indigenous peoples as partners and their concepts as a basis for business solutions.
3. Work collaboratively in teams to share, innovate and co-create sustainable business solutions with positive social impact.
4. Reflect on the role of individuals and groups as participants, collaborators and enablers in business sustainability, social change and social impact