- One Study period
- 36 contact hours or online equivalent plus private study.
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2022 teaching periods
|HOL Study Period 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesSTA80006 Con Current Requisite
Aims and objectives
1. Differentiate important distributions commonly used in Bayesian Statistics
2. Defend the importance of concepts such as Prior Distributions and Posterior Distributions in Bayesian Statistical Modeling
3. Describe the importance of Markov Chain Monte Carlo simulation in Bayesian Analysis
4. Develop programming capabilities to perform Bayesian analysis
5. Evaluate empirical applications of Bayesian analysis in an appropriate software environment
6. Articulate the differences between Bayesian estimation and maximum likelihood estimation
7. Argue the merits of Bayesian methodology.