- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
The aim of the unit is to provide a comprehensive overview of the fundamental and important concepts, theories and principles of marketing and how they are applied to aviation industry. The unit also develops student’s foundational ability to communicate in a professional environment.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Discuss key concepts and principles of marketing such as market demand and supply, values, product marketing and service marketing, segmentation and positioning, and 4Ps and 7Ps,
2. Describe the dynamics of operational environment and identify key factors affecting airlines/airports strategies and operation by applying tools such as SWOT analysis, Porter’s 5 Forces, and BCG Growth Matrix,
3. Conduct basic marketing research by collecting, critically analysing and synthesising primary and secondary data to make an informed judgement on marketing options in an aviation business context,
4. Demonstrate, within a team environment, initiatives in formulating a marketing plan and organising marketing campaigns and activities as appropriate to the target audience,
5. Demonstrate increasing intellectual independence within a team environment and the ability to be critical and reflective, and the ability to communicate verbally and in writing the developed marketing initiatives and plans