- One Semester or equivalentThis unit will be delivered on-line in Semester 2 2020
- 36 hours
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study will provide students with a comprehensive body of knowledge relating to Financial, Economic, Management and Marketing strategies in Air Transport Operations. The theory is enhanced through participation in a highly sophisticated airline simulation. The simulation requires analysis and decision-making skills in order to creatively formulate and test appropriate airline models in terms of aircraft and route selection, yield and pricing management, maintenance and cargo operations in a competitive environment.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this Unit will be able to:
1. Interpret company financial statements
2. Explain and discuss capital budgeting techniques and funding mechanisms
3. Explain and discuss principles of economics including supply and demand, market forces and competitive strategies
4. Identify, review and evaluate key aviation business models and strategies
5. Explain and discuss key marketing concepts related to aviation such as yield management and service levels and delivery
6. Demonstrate initiative, creativity, critical and reflective thinking and judgement by applying ethical management principles and functions effectively in a simulation program that replicates an airline competitive environment and demonstrate cognisance of the impact of business decisions on the bottom line,
7. Demonstrate effective team work and oral and written communication skills in order to critically analyse and report findings achieved in the simulation program.