Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive)
Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning
Please Note: This course will not be taking applications for 2023.
You will learn through a range of methods, including, industry connections, practical projects and traditional assignments.
The four core subjects are:
- Accounting Information and Managerial Decision Making
- Opportunity Discovery, Creativity and Design
- Strategic and Entrepreneurial Marketing
You may choose to graduate with the Executive Certificate. Alternatively, you may use it as the first part of a journey on to the Master of Business Administration or the double degree that includes the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
6 months Full-time or equivalent Part-time.
2024 Start Dates
Professionally accredited by
Be an innovator
Undertake this course and you’ll be joining other change-makers at Swinburne’s Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship – the first dedicated entrepreneurship school in the nation. One of our unique AGSE offerings, this course will give you the mindset of edge.
“Entrepreneurship,” says AGSE Director, Alex Kaiser (pictured), “is about questioning the status-quo, identifying opportunities, making decisions and implementing ideas. Concisely, it’s about having impact.”
Course information in detail
- Course detail, course structure and units of study.
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) is for people looking to build skills as a business manager and leader. The course challenges different thinking with an emphasis on creativity and design, emphasises leadership and develops core capabilities in using information for decision making and strategic marketing. The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) is a pathway to a Master of Business Administration (Executive).
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) forms the first stage in a nested suite of programs consisting of:
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) (GC-BAEX)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Executive) (GD-BAEX) ^
- Master of Business Administration (Executive) (MA-BAEX)
This course is for working professionals. That’s why we offer it in Intensive Mode. It’s an efficient and faster way to complete a postgraduate qualification with minimal impact on your professional and personal life. Units (subjects) are either delivered after work hours or on Fridays or Saturdays, and run throughout the year in six week teaching periods instead of the usual 12 week semesters. This means you can complete more units and graduate faster, or take breaks when you need to.
To qualify for the award of Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) students must complete 50 credit points comprising:
- 4 core units of study (50 credit points)
Maximum Academic Credit
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive) is 25 credit points (normally two units).
Units of study
Want to know more about the units that make up your course, how many units you need to complete, our recommended study sequence, and what your timetable looks like this year? Check out our Course Planner and get enrolled.
* Outcome units - matched exemptions are generally not granted for Higher Education outcome units.
Careers and graduate outcomes
- Career opportunities, course aims and objectives and graduate skills.
Aims and objectives
At completion of the Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Executive), graduates should be able to:
- apply coherent and advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
- apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
- communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a team, and use the basic tools and practices of business within project works
- demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and an awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
- apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a model using appropriate business methods and tools
- reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes.
- capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas
- entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace or community
- effective and ethical in work and community situations
- adaptable and able to manage change
- aware of local and international environments in which they will be contributing.
Pathways and scholarships
- Pathways, credit transfer, recognition of prior learning and scholarships.
Course fees and requirements
- Entry requirements and non-year 12 entry.
|2023 rate*||Estimated total cost of the course||Estimated cost of the course per year if studying full-time*||Annual Amenities fee if studying full-time*|
||$17,700||$17,700||See how your SSAF is calculated|
How do I pay my fees?
FEE-HELP is a loan given to eligible full-fee paying higher education students to help pay part or all of their tuition fees. The Commonwealth Government pays the amount of the loan directly to Swinburne.