COVID-19 and graduation

Due to COVID-19 and government restrictions, we are unable to hold graduation ceremonies in 2020. We are currently working actively to make arrangements for 2021 graduation ceremonies in March, June, August and December 2021. We will communicate information regarding future ceremonies to eligible students as soon as possible.

All students who complete the requirements for their degree will still be conferred, meaning that you will officially complete your course shortly after you receive your final results.

In the meantime, please log in to your eStudent Account and make sure your contact details are up to date. We will be contacting you via your student email and personal email address.

What does your full regalia consist of?  

Full regalia consists of: 

  • gown 
  • hood and/or stole 
  • trencher (or other head dress, depending on your qualification). 

Read more about Swinburne regalia colours, stoles and hoods.

Collecting your regalia 

You collect your regalia from the venue on the day of the ceremony

Regalia collection opens two hours before the start of your ceremony. Report to the registration and gowning room in Plenary when you get there, on the lower ground floor of the Convention Centre building.  

If you have any questions, contact GFP Graduations on or 1300 360 445

Photography and additional services 

GFP Graduations offers and arranges a range of other products and services: 

  • studio photography on the day 
  • a photo of you, onstage, as you receive your award 
  • plaques and framed certificates 
  • florist 
  • graduation bears. 

You can pre-purchase some of these items, but all of these products and services are available on the day. 

Not paid your graduation fee yet?

Pay for your graduation ceremony via GFP Graduations, which includes two tickets and academic gown hire.

Graduation for Indigenous students

Graduates who identify themselves as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander are eligible to have their graduation fee waived.

Find out more

Keep on exploring

  • Postnominals

    As a Swinburne graduate, you are entitled to add postnominals, which identify your qualification(s) after your name.

  • University alumni engaging at a networking conference event.


    Stay connected to your alumni community and enjoy a range of services and benefits, including networking and professional development opportunities.

  • Inside the AMDC looking towards the roof with its futuristic design

    Confirm your graduation details

    Log in using your student ID and password to confirm your graduation details. 

Need graduation advice or course help?

If you have a question or need help with any aspect of completing your course or graduating, contact studentHQ. StudentHQ can help you if you haven’t received your graduation documents or need to get replacements. 

Contact studentHQ