Professor Yang Xiang
Professor Yang Xiang received his PhD in Computer Science from Deakin University, Australia. He is the Dean of Digital Research & Innovation Capability Platform, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia. His research interests include cyber security, which covers network and system security, data analytics, distributed systems, and networking. In particular, he is currently leading his team developing active defense systems against large-scale distributed network attacks. He is the Chief Investigator of several projects in network and system security, funded by the Australian Research Council (ARC).
He has published more than 200 research papers in many international journals and conferences, such as IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE Transactions on Information Security and Forensics, and IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications. Two of his papers were selected as the featured articles in the April 2009 and the July 2013 issues of IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. Two of his papers were selected as the featured articles in the Jul/Aug 2014 and the Nov/Dec 2014 issues of IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing. He has published two books, Software Similarity and Classification (Springer) and Dynamic and Advanced Data Mining for Progressing Technological Development (IGI-Global).
He has served as the Program/General Chair for many international conferences such as SocialSec 15, IEEE DASC 15/14, IEEE UbiSafe 15/14, IEEE TrustCom 13, ICA3PP 12/11, IEEE/IFIP EUC 11, IEEE TrustCom 13/11, IEEE HPCC 10/09, IEEE ICPADS 08, NSS 11/10/09/08/07. He has been the PC member for more than 80 international conferences in distributed systems, networking, and security. He served as the Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Security and Communication Networks (Wiley), and the Editor of Journal of Network and Computer Applications. He is the Coordinator, Asia for IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee on Distributed Processing (TCDP). He is a Senior Member of the IEEE.
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Supervisor.
Also published as: Xiang, Yang; Xiang, Y.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2019: Data Privacy in AI Platforms (DPAIP): Risks Quantification and Defence Apparatus *; DATA61
- 2019: Voice Assistance security: studying the security of voice assistance on mobile phones - Student: Rongjunchen Zhang *; CSIRO Post-Grad Scholarships
- 2018: Android Malware Detection Using Hybrid Approach *; DATA61
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 1 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Blockchain Lab Phase 2 Project (Artchain) *; ArtChain Global Pty Ltd
- 2018: Developing an effective defence to cyber-reputation manipulation attacks *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2018: Fine-grained Anomaly Behaviour Identification for Predicting Cyber Insider Attacks *; Defence Science Technology Group - Research Contract
- 2018: Predicting potential victims of malicious activity in online social networks.Data61 PhD scholarship for Derui (Derek) Wang. *; DATA61
- 2018: Rapid Detection of Spam Activities in Online Social Networks.Data61 PhD scholarship for Tingmin Wu. *; DATA61
- 2018: Research on Highly Efficient Blockchain.Student scholarship for Qin Wang. *; DATA61
- 2018: Searching Vulnerabilities of Firmware Images in Internet of Things Devices.Student scholarship for Xiaogang Zhu. *; DATA61
- 2018: Secure Relational Database Management System (SRDBMS) *; Oceania Cyber Security Centre Limited (OCSC Company)
- 2018: Smart Contracts for AML/CTF Reporting Obligations *; AUSTRAC_PT
- 2017: Adversarial Machine Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2017: Deep Learning for Cyber *; Commonwealth Scientific & Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
- 2015: Classifying internet traffic for security applications *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
- 2014: Cost efficient scheduling of big data application workflows on cloud through information correlation *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2011: Hybrid Testing Facility for Structures under Extreme Loads *; ARC Linkage Infrastructure and Equipment Scheme
* Chief Investigator
There are no media items to display