Professor Leon Sterling
- Faculty of Science, Engineering & Technology
- School of Software and Electrical Engineering
- Centre for Design Innovation
Professor Sterling received a BSc(Hons) from the University of Melbourne and a PhD in Pure Mathematics from the Australian National University. He has worked at universities in the UK, Israel, the US, and Australia.
His teaching and research specialties are software engineering, artificial intelligence, and logic programming.
From 2010-2013, he was Dean of the Faculty of ICT at Swinburne University of Technology, and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Digital Frontiers) from 2014-2015. He is past president of the Australian Council of Deans of ICT and a Fellow of Engineers Australia and the Australian Computer Society.
Software agents; Software engineering, Artificial Intelligence, eForensics; Information Technology in Education; Internet
Fields of Research
- Information Systems Development Methodologies - 080608
- Artificial Intelligence And Image Processing - 080100
- Software Engineering - 080309
Also published as: Sterling, Leon; Sterling, L.; Sterling, L. S.; Sterling, Leon S.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, you can update your publications using our online form.
- 2013-07-16: Complaints aside, ICT graduates in demand, say teachers - The Age
- 2012-11-13: A brilliant career but not in ICT - Sydney Morning Herald
- 2012-08-31: The whiz kid - The Age
- 2012-07-13: Data crunch: How can schools get kids engaged in I.T? - The Australian
- 2011-07-16: Theres a right tablet for you - Herald Sun
- 2010-11-20: E-sleuths foil cyber culprits - The Australian
- 2010-11-05: Australian cyber crime investigation skills lacking says Swinburne professor - Computerworld