Professor Beth Webster
PhD, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom; Master of Economics, Monash University, Australia; Bachelor of Economics (hons), Monash University, Australia
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Centre for Transformative Innovation
- AGSE201D Hawthorn campus
- ORCID profile
Professor Beth Webster is Director of the Centre for Transformative Innovation at Swinburne University of Technology. She is also Pro Vice-Chancellor for Research Impact and Policy. Her expertise centres on the economics of the way knowledge is created and diffused through the economy. She has a PhD in economics from the University of Cambridge and an M.Ec and B.Ec (hons) from Monash University.
Professor Webster is responsible for providing advice and leadership on policies relating to the economic and social impact of research, public industry and innovation policies. She is also responsible for measuring university research engagement and impact.
Professor Webster has authored over 100 articles on the economics of innovation and firm performance and has been published in RAND Journal of Economics, Review of Economics and Statistics, Oxford Economic Papers, Journal of Law & Economics, the Journal of International Economics and Research Policy. She has been appointed to a number of committees including the Bracks' review of the automotive industry, Lomax-Smith Base funding Review, CEDA Advisory Council, and the Advisory Council for Intellectual Property. She is currently President of the European Policy for Intellectual Property Association and General Secretary of the Asia Pacific Innovation Network.
economics; Innovation; R&D policy; Firm performance; Productivity; Intellectual property policy; Industry dynamics; Knowledge spillovers; Markets for technology
PhD candidate and honours supervision
Higher degrees by research
Accredited to supervise Masters & Doctoral students as Principal Coordinating Supervisor.
Fields of Research
- Industry Economics And Industrial Organisation - 140209
- Download CV
Also published as: Webster, Beth; Webster, B.; Webster, Elizabeth; Webster, E.
This publication listing is provided by Swinburne Research Bank. If you are the owner of this profile, contact us to update.
Recent research grants awarded
- 2017: Data Linking Matching & Cleaning Services *; IP Australia
- 2017: Grants Impact Evaluation Project *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2017: The role of branding and international trademarks in global value chains *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2016: Annual updates to the Evaluation of Trade Mission program *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2016: Data Linking, Matching & Cleaning Services *; IP Australia
- 2016: Establishment of Liveability Framework *; University of Melbourne (for Contracts)
- 2015: Agreement with Univesrity of Melbourneto undertake Market Stream for ARC ITRP with Mondelez *; ARC Industrial Transformation Research Hubs
- 2015: Conduct innovation policy research. Research Agreement between UniMelb and SUT Deed of Novation *; Department of Industry and Science
- 2015: Data Linking, Matching & Cleaning Service *; IP Australia
- 2015: Geographical Indications project *; IP Australia
- 2015: Innovation Policy Research *; University of Melbourne (for Contracts)
- 2015: Skill-related determinants of innovation activity: Australian Evidence from the BLS *; Australian Council of Learned Academies
- 2015: The efficiency of the Global Patent System *; ARC Linkage Projects Scheme
- 2015: Trademark Equivalents *; IP Australia
- 2015: Use of ABS firm level data in policy research *; Department of Industry and Science
- 2015: Validation of export sales of Trade Mission program *; Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport & Resources Fund Scheme
- 2014: Relationship of firm innovation and performance on the role of government *; ARC Discovery Projects Scheme
* Chief Investigator