Japan is one of the global powerhouses for both games and animation studios and publishers; certain aesthetics and development practices remain synonymous with the nation. Join us as we visit games and animations studios in Tokyo and Kyoto that are sure to inspire.
- Locations: Tokyo and Kyoto
- Dates: November – December 2021
- Eligible students: Undergraduate students with 50 Credit Points in Games and/or Animation units by November 2021
- Cost: A$5,800 (approx.)
- Application submission: Applications are now open and will be assessed with offers made on a rolling basis until places are filled
- Application close date: 20 August 2021
- Unit code: ANI20005 / GAM20011, elective
Study tour overview
Students will visit both Tokyo (current capital and economic hub of Japan) and Kyoto (Japan’s historical capital). Alongside visiting game and animation studios, museums and shows, students will experience famous sites such as Harajuku, the world-renowned bamboo forest of Arashiyama and the historic Fushimi Inari Shrine in Kyoto.
- Visits to games and animation studios
- Museum visits
- Cultural sites including Harajuku, bamboo forest and Fushimi Inari Shrine
The goal of this study tour is to expose students to the society, culture and industry practices of Japan in a games and animation context. It will greatly benefit students to be exposed to such aesthetic choices and development practices. With a focus on building education and industry connections, the tour is also extremely valuable in terms of graduate employability.