Travel to Japan to engage in academic, industry and cultural experiences to learn about the country’s famous contribution to animation, games and pop culture.
- Locations: Japan
- Dates: November - December 2023 (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Cost: TBC + airfares
- Funding available: New Colombo Plan travel grants valued at A$3,000 and OS HELP Loans available for eligible students
- Eligible students: Undergraduate Animation, Games and Media students
- Applications close: 31 August, 2023
- Register your interest
Study tour overview
In this program, you will travel to Japan to engage in academic, industry and cultural experiences to learn about the country’s famous contribution to animation, games and pop culture.
During your visit, you will work with the tour leader and local staff to develop a creative response to your travels (a visual diary, plus game, animation, illustration or narrative according to your respective study area).
- On-campus lectures about historic and contemporary Japanese animation and games
- Industry visits and presentations
- Excursions to museums, temples, and other cultural sites
Arashiyama Bamboo Forest in Kyoto, Japan
The goal of this study tour is to expose students to the society, culture and industry practices of Japan in a games and animation context. It will greatly benefit students to be exposed to such aesthetic choices and development practices. With a focus on building education and industry connections, the tour is also extremely valuable in terms of graduate employability.
Eligibility and selection criteria
Completion of 50 CP of Game and/or Animation related units by the end of Semester 2, 2023. Online application including a personal statement.
Register your interest to learn more about this study tour and to be kept updated on upcoming information sessions.