Become familiar with Kuala Lumpur and Malaysian culture and industry and put your skills in to practice through a paid six-month placement in the country’s modern capital.
- Internship provider: The Global Student
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Dates: 5 January - 6 July, 2024
- Duration: 6 months
- Compensation: Varies depending on placement
- Cost: A$6,155 (including accommodation)
- Funding: A limited number of A$7,000 New Colombo Plan travel grants are available for eligible students
- Expression of interest via application: 15 August 2023
Specific eligibility requirements depend on the academic unit being utilised, but all students must meet the minimum program eligibility criteria below:
- Be enrolled in a standard three or four-year bachelor degree
- Completed at least 150CP (12 units) and have at least 37.5 CP (3 units) remaining at the completion of the placement
- Have an average weighted mark of at least 60%
- Interview and host company matching
- Pre-departure and orientation
- Accommodation in shared apartments
- Ongoing follow up and support throughout the program
- Networking event/s
- 24-hour emergency support
- Farewell and debrief
- Certificate on completion
- Welcome and farewell events
- Comprehensive travel and medical insurance
- Academic tuition fees
- Flights and transportation
- Visa fees
- Daily living expenses
This program has a number of A$7,000 Australian Government New Colombo Plan travel grants. These grants are available to Australian undergraduate students (with no citizenship or residency rights to Malaysia), who have not previously received an NCP short-term grant. Students are automatically considered for a grant as part of the application process.
Eligible Australian students can also apply for an OS HELP loan up to A$8,817.
For more information on funding and eligibility see Fee Help and Scholarships
Expressions of interest due by 15 August 2023.
After the expression of interest deadline, there will be a mandatory information session. After this session, students need to apply for the program with full application documents.