Volunteering is a great way to boost your resume and make new friends. Plus, you’ll know that you’re helping a good cause. You can also be presented with awards that will make you more employable.
Make yourself more employable
The Student Life Volunteering program is excellent preparation for your career. It adds substance to your résumé and may be the one thing that puts you ahead of rival job candidates.
By volunteering, you can:
- strengthen your teamwork, communication and problem-solving skills
- gain work- or industry-related work experience
- build your professional network
- highlight your initiative, motivation and enthusiasm to employers
- get experience that prepares you for leadership roles.
Rewards and recognition
Free accredited training
Earn free training opportunities as you volunteer more hours.
- 15 hours: free training including Victorian Responsible Service of Alcohol, Food Safety Handler or receive a Student Volunteer Reference letter
- 25 hours: free training to provide CPR (Refresher) or be a Professional Waiter
- 40 hours: free training to be a Barista (Level 1 & 2), Provide First Aid (Level 2), or receive an Emerging Leaders Program or a Volunteer Recognition Certificate.
- 100 hours: you will receive an Outstanding Volunteer Certificate.
How to log your volunteer hours
Create a profile on Track it Forward to begin logging your hours.
Please note that you must get a free Apply for a free Volunteer Working With Children Check and complete the Consent Matters instructions before creating a profile on Track it Forward.