Computer Aided Design
â€¢ Introduction to CAD - the screen, menus, toolbars, commands, drawing elements, editing, filing, printing.
â€¢ Creation of 3D parametric models of parts using solid modelling.
â€¢ Assembly of parts with constraints.
â€¢ Mechanism modelling and kinematic modelling.
â€¢ Introduction to surface modelling.
â€¢ Preparation of engineering drawings to industry standard.
â€¢ Creating Virtual 3D models.
Computer application to engineering problem solving
â€¢ Use generic computer software for solving engineering problems which may include:Â Engineering Equation Solver Matlab.
â€¢ Use specialised computer software for solving engineering problems which may include: Solidworks, ANSYS and Simulation softwares.
â€¢ Use specialised computer software for Visualisation which may include: 3DS Max and EON Reality.
- Communication Skills â€“Â Verbal Communication
- Communication Skills â€“Â Communicating using different media
- Teamwork Skills â€“Â Collaboration and negotiation
- Teamwork Skills â€“Â Teamwork roles and Processes
- Digital Literacies â€“Â Information Literacy
- Digital Literacies â€“Â Technical Literacy